I love to shop local.
I love to shop local because it supports a local family.
I love to shop local because it boosts the local economy.
I love to shop local because I feel 99% sure that every time a purchase is made, the owner does a little happy dance and that alone is enough to convince me to shop local.
So, this Christmas season, shop local for your gifts if you can! A lot of local businesses are online and in-store, so you can still do your shopping in the method that meets your needs.
Here is a list of local businesses that I love:
The Mullins Photo Co. (Lynchburg, VA) – themullinsphotoco.com
- The BEST photographers of all time in my incredibly unbiased opinion 😉 They are currently offering $70.00 off session gift cards. “Give mama what she really wants this year!”
- They also offer photography education classes.
Ayven Avenue Boutique (Lynchburg, VA) – ayvenavenue.com
- She has the cutest clothes ever and loves community so much that each month 10% of sales is donated to different causes. Also, she just released a holiday line that is so sparkly and amazing! It makes me want to go to a trillion holiday parties!
Blushing Paper Crane (Lynchburg, VA) – IG @blushingpapercrane
- Beth is a master artist in my opinion! Her touch is so unique and incredible. She creates custom portraits, cards, stickers, digital art, and I am sure I am missing some things. Definitely check her out! I have loved everything I have received from her. She is such a creator!
Southern Julep Boutique (Eden, NC) – shopsouthernjulep.com
- This store is right here in my hometown. She also has super trendy clothes, the most amazing candles that I am dying to get my hands on, and so many other items. She is a young shop owner who has proven that chasing your dreams can happen at any age, which is simply incredible!
Gray & Skye Co. (Online out of Rockingham Co., NC) – grayandskyeco.com
- This boutique is ran by a young momma who has the sweetest heart for her kiddos and her business. It’s been a joy to watch her business grow and expand. She offers the most stylish clothing pieces and jewelry at the most affordable prices!
Farm Sweet Furniture (Eden, NC) – Farm Sweet Furniture page on Facebook
- Savannah offers distressed furniture and home items to give your home a little Southern touch. She is amazing at creating her pieces. She sources and creates or will create on your own personal pieces by request! You should definitely check her out for your home decor!
Colors Street Nails by Tara Martin (Eden, NC) – colorstreet.com/taramartin
- Tara offers real nail polish for your nails that is so much more simple than liquid nail polish. Consider this for that girly-girl of yours! There are so many colors and design options to choose from!
Katie Yandle Young Living Oils (Durham, NC) – IG @essentially.katiee
- Katie sales essential oils & regularly shows you the awesome benefits of them as well via her social media! She’s your go-to girl for oils!
Poshmark is a wonderful place to get New With Tags items or second-hand items! This option is both nationwide and local. But personally, I definitely do a happy dance and sometimes even squeal a little with every sale I make.
- My closet offers new with tags and second-hand items for women, men, children, and home goods.
- Find me @hannahkelley927 on Poshmark and IG
- Note: Majority of poshers are always open to offers, so if you don’t like the price make an offer! There is no harm in trying!
- P.S. If you do not have an account, sign up with code “hannahkelley927” to get $10.00 off your first order!
Tag the local business you own or local businesses you know of in the comments below!! Lets give these people of round of applause for all of their hard work and efforts!