I thought I would take some time to share some tips about wedding planning that we learned by planning our wedding. So here it is:
- DON’T STRESS! It is one day, one of the most important and special days of your life. Everything will work out and if something doesn’t I guarantee it will still be an incredible day. Like you are getting married!!! Woohoo!
- Don’t be afraid to shop at Dollar Tree for some of your decor. I was that girl, but I was convinced to just look and I did. Check it out. I think our decor rocked and for a dollar it rocks even more. 😉 The glasses, candles, and gold candle holders picture below are all from… Dollar Tree!!!
- Who you choose to be your DJ is so important!!! like seriously. Your reception will be as good as your DJ. If your DJ is not organized and does not know how to keep the reception flowing, it will not flow, and it will be awkward. However, if this does happen to you, just go with it and enjoy yourself. It’s a once in a lifetime kind of day that is all about YOU!
Invite like 1/3-2/3 more people than you have seats! You think that majority of your invites will come, but sorry to break your heart, they won’t. Too bad there isn’t a practice round to know this, huh!?! haha! But seriously, girl don’t keep cutting that list. That’s stressful and unnecessary.
- Brides: If there is a bridal shop going out of business or having a major sale, GO! Who cares it’s still a year away from your wedding, go gal go! You have a chance to find a super deal and help that wedding budget some!
- Grooms: please please please, do not stress your soon to be wife out by getting your suit/tux the week before you get married. My lovely husband and his groomsmen did this and I was straight panicking. Save your lady some grief, she’s already stressing enough about all the tiny little details. Plan ahead of time!!
- Bridesmaids & Groomsmen: I know that you are paying for the suits/dresses most likely so of course you have some say in the matter, but try to remember to not be too picky. This day you are choosing to be a part of is your friend’s special day. Let the bride and groom choose without catching too much mouth about the choice chosen. One day they will do this for you. (Shout out to my ladies for being absolutely INCREDIBLE with this and so much fun!)
- Find sales in everything you do and all that you buy, find good sales! Websites like the Knot have free wedding tools that will help guide brides/grooms in wedding planning. They also offer a free wedding website for you to create if you wish. Anddd, they offer promotional sales specifically for you to other vendors.
- Last but not least, don’t procrastinate. You already know why.
Well friends, I hope these tips are helpful to your wedding planning. I hope you have the most magical day ever!!
Pictures by The Mullins Photo Co.